90 Minutes from a 180-Degree Turn
Bermuda offers the luxury of accessibility. Tucker's Point, Bermuda's only private luxury resort community, is just 90 minutes from New York City and a short flight from most major cities along North America’s Atlantic coastline. It’s quicker and more convenient to fly here from Manhattan than to drive to Long Island. Not to mention more rewarding.
Bermuda Fun Facts
- Bermuda is 21 square miles long and lies in the North Atlantic Ocean. (Hint: it’s not a Caribbean Island.)
- The nearest land is Cape Hatteras, North Carolina, at only 570 miles away.
- The shallow reefs that encircle this tiny archipelago are studded with over 500 shipwrecks (more per square mile than anywhere else) dating from the 1500s to 1990s.
- Bermuda consists of about 150 islands, but only 20 are inhabited.
- The islands were formed by volcanic rock topped by coral formations, leaving behind breathtaking caves (including Church Cave at Tucker’s Point) that can be viewed nearby.
- Bermuda homes are known for their unique white stepped roofs, which act as catchments for their water supply—all of it from rainwater.